A Conversation for Favourite Childhood Sweets and Candy

Pleased and amazed

Post 1

Dragon Flyer

Pleased and amazed that others share my memories. I was going to say - liquorice allsorts, but so have many others, stick liquorice - we used to buy the twigs from our local chemist at 2 a penny, PROPER aniseed balls - 6d a quarter, with the seed in the centre, that tasted of aniseed and not just sugar, Trebor Refreshers - slightly fizzy, sold in a multicoloured tube, I used to see if they would make a fizzy drink in water - they didn't!, Black Jacks and Fruit Salad - a farthing each at our local shop, I think you can still get them, but they don't taste the way I remember! Oh! and liquorice Spangles - I never really liked the fruit ones but when you could get Liquorice only and Butterscotch only I became addicted. Whatever happenned to Spangles?

(You may have guessed, I like liquorice!)


Pleased and amazed

Post 2

Shakka.bomb

Spangles?? I think you can still get then in some far off parts of this blue green planet (LOL)
I used to get liquorice but it realy sucked :o( I don't thik you can really call it a sweet! 'cause it's not sweet!!
My faviorites were and still are those FIZZY COLA BOTTLES!! They leave a nice tooth eating agent in your mouth mmmmmm Gummy ;o)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more