A Conversation for 'Weird Al' Yankovic - Singer and Songwriter

Al is (nrearly) god!!!

Post 1

Shanana the cannibalistic banana

Hello! I'm a deranged fan here in Alaska. I saw the entry on the main page and couldn't resist. I've got nearly every one of his songs memorized. And the highlight of my life. Well, one of two. One was November 6th, 1999 when I got to meet Mike Nesmith, but the other was March 10th, 2000 when I got FRONT ROW TICKETS to his concert in San Antonio!!! It was MAGNIFICENT!!! Ruben came out with the cone bra and kept looking at me when I cringed, then he came out in the Emperor cloak for the Star Wars pieces and motioned to me to stand up. HE was screwing with my head, too. He was acting like he wanted me to get up on stage, but then at the last minute, shooed me back.

It was hilarious, but worth it. All my friends were in the crowd and thought I was insane. ::eg:: maybe I am. Anyways.....

My fav. concert song was either "Thank you(fast food version)" a parody of Alanis Moressett's annoying song or "The Pizza Delivery Song" based on the theme to Titanic.

I'm actually waering my Weird Al shirt right now... I have both DVD's... love UHF... pay homage to his site once a month... Uh... what else?? Oh, yeah. My friend in San Antonio swears he's the sexiest man alive.

Perhaps this is starting to become a trend... ( I noticed someone else's message on another thread) I think it's wonderful that he *finally* got married...

I just noticed that I'm ranting. I'll shut up now.

---->Albuquerque RULES!!!<----

Shanana


Al is (nrearly) god!!!

Post 2

Shagnasty

I'm not nearly as big a fan as u - to be honest i only started listening after radio one (in England) played 'The Saga Begins' - but since then i too have a deep and scary passion for all things Al. U r correct in stating that Albuquerque (i hope to God i spelt that right...) rules, but i also like the beer song, and every one of his polkas. By the way, have u ever listened to any Frank Zappa? Another much-maligned (and incredibly talented and very, very funny) songwriter, i feel...


wat do u mean nearley a god??

Post 3

theonhighgod

weird al is a god, he has made a huge step forward in music, i think sometimes he is under estimated, due to his funney style.

another artist's u should try is bob rivers, he does simerler stuff.


wat do u mean nearley a god??

Post 4

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost my favorite is "Alapalooza", the video. I'm particularly fond of the take off on McArthur Park/Jurrasic Park.
"Someone let T Rex out of his pen"


Al is (nrearly) god!!!

Post 5

Researcher 185811

I've been into Al for a number of years since i first bought even worse ans since the have managed to obtain all of his cd's.I would really like to see him on tour but always seem to arrive in america either before or after he has played i'd really like to get up on stage and play a number with the band,we can all dream can't we.He's a one of a kind and you can't help but smile when you hear any of his tracks.My fav at the present is the saga begins or callin in sick
from The Bassdude (uk)


Al is (nrearly) god!!!

Post 6

KTrillion

Weird Al rox. I think that says it all.


~In Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalbuquerque!~


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more