A Conversation for Canada

Canada

Post 1

gfreeman

Not only do all Canadians complain about how their country is run, they also all nurture a deeply held belief they they alone could run the country single-handedly better than anyone else.

In an effort to appease all citizens, all of the time, the president (by law) is either an English rooted French speaker, or a French rooted English speaker. In the total absence of the former anywhere on their continent, Canadians currently enjoy(?) life under the guidance(??) of a Frenchman who has all but distanced himself from anything remotely garlic smelling.

The best way to annoy a Canadian is to ask "Which part of America are you from". The best way to get a drink out of a Canadian is simply to be in the same postal area. They'll buy you a drink as soon as pacify you.


Canada

Post 2

Lifson Kofie

Hi there, and welcome to the h2g2 community!

My name is smiley - geekLifsonsmiley - geek and I am a geek. I'm also an ACE. ACE stands for Assistant Community Editor, and we're here to sort out all your little problems on h2g2. Also look out for the Gurus. They are here to sort out your bigger problems!!! To find an ACE or Guru, click on the "Who's Online" button at the side of the screen (in Classic Goo it is, don't know about Alablaster!), and most will have it as part of their names if they are one! smiley - smiley

Also check out the special smileys...

smiley - earthsmiley - smileysmiley - sadfacesmiley - marssmiley - grrsmiley - geeksmiley - monstersmiley - coffeesmiley - teasmiley - cakesmiley - donutsmiley - spidersmiley - ghostsmiley - ticklesmiley - piratesmiley - chocsmiley - borgsmiley - kisssmiley - hsifsmiley - schooloffishsmiley - fishsmiley - peacedovesmiley - hugsmiley - biggrinsmiley - ermsmiley - blushsmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - alesmiley - bubblysmiley - cdoublesmiley - bigeyes

Click on one to teleport over to the page with all the smileys on - for these are but a few!!!

Also, check out the pages for the H2G2 staff (www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/team) and for the all the people in the volunteer schemes (ACES, Gurus etc.) (www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/volunteers). The full-time staff are generally known as the italics, because their names appear in italics in the "Who's Online" pop-up. That way, if you want to ask them a question, you know you are getting a member of staff, not someone pretending!!!

Just reply to this message, or drop into my personal space for a smiley - coffee and smiley - donuts if you need a hand with anything (or even if you don't!) and you'll always receive a warm welcome! If you need talking thought something - e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll be over to help quicker than IBM can get to a Computer Science graduate! I've also noticed that you haven't updated your personal space yet. If you want a hand with that too - give me a shout!!!

All the best, and happy hitch-hiking!

smiley - geekLifsonsmiley - geek


Canada

Post 3

Researcher 192220

Canada Doesn't have a president, it has a prime minister. Also, your forgot to mention another important fact. Canada has the most donut shops per capita. The most popular is Tim Horton's, named after a hockey player.
Canada also (usually) dominates in Curling and Bobsleding


Canada

Post 4

Bagpuss

Winter Olympics women's curling


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more