A Conversation for Roman Catholicism

Fascinating Subject

Post 1

Mike OShea



A very clear article about the Catholic Church, and some interesting comments from readers - all in a kindly, constructive manner. It's good to see people discuss religion without getting hot under the collar.
Once I got over the thoughtless jubilance of youth I became quietly and personally fascinated by a subject that, necessarily, confronts important aspects of life, including death smiley - smiley.

I rejoined the Church around age of 24 (I'm now 70) - and out of personal interest and experience I created a website that was initially solely concerned with theology, i.e. thinking and asking questions about God and His dealings with us.
Some appear to think that everything is clear to Catholics, that there is no need to ask questions. It ain't so. A failure to ask questions may mean that one's faith is dead - and we are here dealing with things that are in essence mysterious - 'mystery' meaning that we know something but not everything. There are always questions, until we are brought into heaven, and even there fascinating developments will take place! The general resurrection?
Some may find my approach of interest. It can be a bit rough, a bit opinionated, but do have a look, if you feel so moved - at http://www.o2c.org/theology.htm,
Very best wishes.
Mike O'Shea


Fascinating Subject

Post 2

Mike OShea


oops! I put a comma at the end of my hyperlink and it only works in part. The correct addres is http://www.o2c.org/theology.htm


Fascinating Subject

Post 3

Gaggle Halgrunt

I agree with the comments that other people have made about this article. It is very good and informative.

The only thing that I still disagree with is the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, and the teaching that she remained a virgin for all of her life. The fact that this teaching didn't come about until the 19th century seems to lose its validity for me.

Karl


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more