A Conversation for 'Masquerade' - by Kit Williams

Thank You!

Post 1

Underground Caroline

I worked out the title to the unnamed book years ago, but the solution to Masquerade always puzzled me. I wasn't old enough to experience the book when it first came out but I found it in a second hand book shop one day and spent ages trying to figure it out with no luck. I knew there was information out there on the solution but I chose to try and come to the solution under my own steam. I think I was kidding myself! I'm not that good a problem solver smiley - smiley

Anyway, I'd kind of let my efforts slip over the years, so thank you for posting the solution, it was about time I was put out of my misery! I'm going to have to go back and revisit the books again and remind myself of how wonderful they were as objects. There is something magical about Kit Williams' artwork that I can't quite put my finger on. I can understand why his pieces sell for serious money.

Thanks for drawing people's attention to Kit Williams. These books made a huge impression on me when i was younger despite the fact that the fuss had completely died down by the time I encountered them. They are the kind of books I constantly try to push on everyone I know because I think people are missing out.


Thank You!

Post 2

kel

yeah, i discovered it among my parents' books when I was very young, and I always wanted to know how and if anyone had found the hare... and my mum and dad didn't know! Thanks!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more