A Conversation for The London Underground

British Museum- The Lost Station?

Post 1

Tube Boy

I've been told from a few sources that there is a missing station, British Museum Station, on the Central line between Tottenham Court Road and Holborn. However, even being eagle-eyed, I constantly fail to spot it! Does it exist? Or have I just been had?!!! Any advice greatly appreciated!


British Museum- The Lost Station?

Post 2

GreeboTCat

~grin~

Me needs a station in my Monopoly set... so if you do happen to find it... please let me know... me can charge £200 for landing on it then...

Greebs


Tube Stories

Post 3

Tube Boy

Who loves the tube?!
Lets hear interesting stories and experiences about it!


British Museum- The Lost Station?

Post 4

Researcher 178588

By comparison to York Road (on the Piccadilly Line) British Museum is easy to spot. The best way (applies to most closed stations) to spot them is to keep looking out of the windows of the doors of tube trains (not double pained windows and therefore less reflection).

Going from Tottenham Court Road towards Holborn, if you stand towards the direction of travel, and look to your right you will see the walls very clearly, and the train will slow down when passing British Museum. You can discern a couple of posters and scrawlings in the dust on the wall tiles.

I believe that this is one of the few closed tube stations that no longer has any access to street level.

GGS


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more