A Conversation for Glastonbury Festival, Pilton, Somerset, UK

Ooh, yeah

Post 1

La Fajita

Well, as one of the three researchers for the above article - I can state that I am happy with the edited version. Shame that you left out the bit about the Naked Protest Dude...


Ooh, yeah

Post 2

The Dancing Tree

Glad you like the edit. Sorry about the protest dude thing, but I had three fairly large articles to thread together, so quite a lot got pruned and rewritten so it flowed nicely. Perhaps he might make an appearance in an article update, so to speak!

smiley - smiley


Ooh, Nooooo!

Post 3

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Not Happy Not Happy Not Happy!


Zarniroop (Ex-Pesident of the universe)


Ooh, Nooooo!

Post 4

The Dancing Tree

Sorry that you're not happy, but it might be a good idea to say why, otherwise any possibility of rectifying the situation disappears. Having looked at your original, quite a lot of it was used...


Ooh, Nooooo!

Post 5

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

hey dancing tree, I've had a chance to calm down now and here are a list of my critiscms of your edit, hope
you find it useful and will correct some of the more salient points.

first - "from the impromptu arrival of bemused travellers in 1978",
there was no festie in 78 and why bemused travellers?
2nd Pulp played in 94!
3rd entry by volunteering isn't mentioned, the preferred method of entry by the honest but skint researcher.
4th - typo people travelling by care - shud that be car!
5th many of the local towns don't have train stations only castle cary, with a regular free bus service for ticket holders!
6th the green fields aren't a camping area, tho are surrounded by,
some of the best camping spaces at the festival. and there are just as many toilets, also the dance tent, only 'affects' a small area, tho don't know what you mean by aggro
7th sacred space / stone circle is best to visit at sunset or dawn not after midnight!
8th toilets shud include 3 xtra types - A) the water aid long drops in the sacred space, these are african style thatched toilets where one sqauts, Water Aid volunteers keep these extremely clean. quite popular and usually reasonable ques
B) at the farm their are proper flush toilets for those who miss wasting all that fresh water with their excrement, quite popular and usually reasonable ques. C) the compost toilets discretely hidden around the greenfileds site, the only authorised way of s***ing in the bushes.
I also demand you remove the crapping in bushes as the most desirable option, this is a disgustingly selfish action, which is used by too many people and creates a major health hazard!
9th Banking - cash machines isn't strictly correct, a large very secure, set of portacabins is operated as a bank, and the hours of service are not 24hrs so getting there in the early hours will still mean a que of several hours.
10th nakedness is an obvious part of the festival and I do not approve of your editing out the mention of the naked protest man and link to his website, he is currently in jail due for his beliefs and editing out this bit and his link makes me think the guide is a bit prudish!

Finally the headings and subheadings seem to be a bit erratic!¬

Yours,
Zarniroop (Ex-Pesident of the universe)

PS. If you don't take out the recommendation of crapping in bushes, I'll find where you live and come and crap thru your letter box!


Ooh, Nooooo!

Post 6

The Dancing Tree

Thanks for the feedback. One point I should probably make here is that we can only work with what's put in front of us. If there are conflicting viewpoints/opinions, or facts, we have to make a judgement call, and that's not always going to please everyone, as is the case here.

However, I take your point about the bushes, despite it being directly lifted from one of the researcher articles. I do hope your 'PS' is in jest though, or that could be deemed rather offensive.

As for the article itself, I will take a look through it now and alter some of the points accordingly. After that, it's up to the H2G2 editorial team as to what eventually goes online. Specific points that probably merit mention are the dates, which were supplied by another researcher and will be amended, 'aggro from the dance tent' which a lot of people I know who have been to Glasto have experienced, nakedness -- well, I'll leave it up to the H2G2 staff as to whether that goes online or not, and the headings, which is one point where I disagree with you. I think they work pretty well for such a large article.

And by the way, just how did you update your homepage on a date that has not yet happened? smiley - winkeye


Ooh, Nooooo!

Post 7

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Hey DT let's not start on the who started the offensive stuff first, I have some very good lawyers!
And as for my future update - let's just say that I either have a time machine or am highly advanced!
Zarniroop (Ex-Pesident of the universe)


Ooh, Nooooo!

Post 8

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

In my opinion the sub has done an excellent job combining your viewpoint with that of the other researchers who contributed to the finished, excellent, rounded, article.

Zarniroop, I posted this as a response to your intemperate posting (spamming) on the Peer Review page about the subbing of this article.

I have posted it here to inform others of your actions.


Ooh, Nooooo!

Post 9

World Service Memoryshare team

Thanks everyone for your comments. Thanks Dancing Tree for your great editing. I've responded further on the editorial feedback forum here http://www.h2g2.com/F47997?thread=91343&post=749577.


better!

Post 10

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

like it! much better!
will take back my ranting from last week!

Zarniroop (Ex-Pesident of the universe)


better!

Post 11

La Fajita

Blimey, seeings as you're getting so stressed I'm surprised you don't stick out like a sore thumb at Glastonbury. Not exactly into the festival spirit now, are we? I thought the subbing was lovely (as I previously stated.) Have yourself a nice cup of tea and a biscuit.


Key: Complain about this post