Billy Corgan, Rock God

3 Conversations

I'm sure everybody here has heard of the Smashing Pumpkins. Yes, they are an alternative rock band. So long as you loosely define alternative rock. The Smashing Pumpkins are an art rock band. They are excellent, and now they are an Indie group. Most people heard about the "shocking break up"of the Pumpkins, but it wasn't so much a breakup as the Pumpkins leaving their recording label.
Pumpkins frontman/lyricist/vocalist/rock god Billy Corgan decided that the label was made up of a bunch of whining, pissant a******s and told them to shove their bubblegum, carbon copy rock up their bony, alabaster arse.
So Mr. Corgan, who hails from Chicago, the best City in the world next to London, Ottawa, Kona, and New York, put out Machina II, which was aptly named The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music, independently. The album is wonderful, if I do say so myself, and is completely independent. As for distribution, it is done solely through the loyal and loving fans of the Pumpkins.
As for the band itself, lets have a history lesson. The following are the Smashing Pumpkins Albums that I can think of:

Gish
Pisces Iscariot
Siamese Dream
Adore
Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness
Machina: the Machines of God
and Machina II: The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music

Note: These aren't listed in order

In the eyes of this humble writer, Siamese Dream is the best. Especially the song Mayonaisse.

So please, continue this train of thought. Add more to the Smashing Pumpkins Glory. Find out the hidden concerts and go!
*bows and enjoys the fanfare*
Cody Ravenheart
Babel ><>

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A478019

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more