A levels

3 Conversations

Anyone outside the UK probably wont have the faintest idea what these are, but anyone who's taking them, or who has taken them will know only too well. I'm taking mine next year, and the amount of stress and pressure can be overwhelming. Here are some deadly serious hints and tips to get you through.
1. Revision. By now you'll know how good you are at this. If you have problems with revision technique, now is the time to sort it out. Unlike GCSE's, A levels depend on good, well planned out revision, so don't think you can get away with reading your notes on the night before the exam!
2. Leisure. Make sure that you aren't working night and day. I always try to make time to go out with my friend, read a book, watch TV or just generally relax. Your brain will be much more receptive to information if you aren't tired or bored.
3. DON'T PANIC! Perhaps this should have been no.1! Even if you do do badly (which you won't if you follow these guidelines!) there are always other options. You can retake, or do something else next year, and when you're 17 or 18 you have all the time in the world to decide what to do with your life.
So, happy revising! from a slightly less stressed out A level student!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A47099

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more