A Conversation for Three Basics of Electronics

AC/DC

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

A great rock band. smiley - bigeyes

Also, something which needs to be mentioned, as these are all laws of DC currents. Reactance gets a hell of a lot more complicated than resistance!


AC/DC

Post 2

Man of Legend

i completely agree i will probably mention it when explaining resistance, capacitance and inductance.

remember CIVIL


AC/DC

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

What I was really hinting at is that it should mention "DC" somewhere in the entry... smiley - biggrin


AC/DC

Post 4

Man of Legend

well that's the great thing about first princples, so long as you know to use reactance instaed of resistance then they are just as valid in ac as they are in dc. i've done enough 3 phase supply problems to know this.


AC/DC

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

Peet, everything Man of Legend has said hear applies to both DC and AC, so there is no need to specify DC. In the case of AC, it is slightly more complicated in that the laws refer to the currents and voltages at an instant in time. To deal with average current and average voltage, more complicated topics like capacitance and inductance have to be introduced.


AC/DC

Post 6

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

To live up to my pedantic name, I feel the need to point out that, at an "instant in time", there can be no currents flowing... Good old Heisenberg... smiley - biggrin


AC/DC

Post 7

Man of Legend

i'm not familiar with hiesburg. but time constants in inductance and capacitance (tau is an instant in time) seem to oppose this theory.

gnomon it's nice to agree with you for a change smiley - smiley


AC/DC

Post 8

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I was being facetious, as usual... Heisenburg's uncertainty principle says you can tell the velocity of an object or particle over time, or its position at a given instant, but never both. By extension, this suggests that at any given instant all electrons in a system are stationary, so no current flow can be observed. smiley - winkeye It wasn't intended as a serious argument...


AC/DC

Post 9

Man of Legend

I getcha. I suppose it's like the theory of absolute zero. I think we're about to expierence that. I didn't half have frost on my car this morning


Key: Complain about this post