'867-5309/Jenny' by Tommy Tutone Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

'867-5309/Jenny' by Tommy Tutone

5 Conversations

This is a famous USA telephone number that was both the subject and the title of a rock song in 1982. The full name of the song is '867-5309/Jenny' by Tommy Tutone.

Interestingly enough, it is an actual telephone number located somewhere in the state of Pennsylvania. Supposedly, every time the song plays on MTV or VH-11, the poor residents are besieged with phone calls from people curious as to whether this is an actual number or not.

The release of this song was not the incident that first prompted television and movie producers to use only false telephone numbers in their products to avoid legal liability. These numbers all begin with 555, which is not a sequence used in the USA for phone numbers.

Do not call this number. Leave the poor people who live there alone.

1MTV and VH-1 are two American cable television channels that are dedicated to music videos and music-oriented programmes.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A420904

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more