Compassionate Computers

1 Conversation

Helping People Help People Through Computers
This community has a straight forward goal.

We want people to list off all of the Links, Programs and Web Sites they know of that allow for users of the Internet and computers to make a difference for something other than profit.
Why?
Computers can not have compassion. But we do.

If computers as tools reflect their operators and creators shouldn't they be more than toys and paper weights.

With more computing power sitting on our desk than was sent to the moon, why not put it to use beyond our personal needs.

I will be posting those sites listed in the discussion forums to the respective page with small descriptions after I've had a look to asses the scenario.

So post away and lend a hand to those who want to help.

Link to the page to show your support and help even more.

Philanthropic Web Sties

Active Cause Web Sites

Programs With a Cause

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A409042

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more