Why cats? Why not.

4 Conversations

Many people have asked me "Why do you like cats so much?" It is not a question that is to be easily answered. Cats are essential to the universe. They have the ability to hold the fabric of the universe together. When I start telling people this they get a look that says "Whothehellareyouwhatthehellareyoudoinggetthehellawayfrommeyoucrazyperson", but I figure what the hell, plow onwards with the explanation. OK. So we have established that cats hold together the fabric of the unverse. We don't know how yet, but I'll come to that later. Why, now there is the question, why, why cats? Why not, say, moths? Or why not rainbow trout ><> ? Why not tree mold? Why cats? To this, I say, why not? After all, cats are the perfect animals for the job. They're little and furry and cute, with a mean streak and sharp claws. Their eyes glow and they stare at nothing and freak us out. They purr and hiss and don't give a damn about anything. OK, so that is why cats hold together the fabric of the universe. Now, how in the hell do they do a thing like that? I mean, do you own a cat? It's a damn lucky thing if they get up during the day, let alone hold together the fabric of the universe. So, how do they do it? The answer: they don't. Cats do everything by not doing it at all. Cats ignore everything that exists. Therefore, by ignoring the universe, they guarantee its existance. And now I have explained why I like cats. At this point most people are lying on the floor, foaming at the mouth and rolling their eyes, but I figured you ought to hear it anyways! :-)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A359921

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more