Brasserie na Mara, Dublin Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Brasserie na Mara, Dublin

1 Conversation

Brasserie na Mara is a high-class, medium-cost restaurant, on the harbour in Dun Loaghaire. The restaurant itself is in the former station house, which dates back about 100 years.

It specialises in seafood - an absolutely amazing salmon and fennel concoction, for example. There are other dishes too (wild mushroom confit) and there is a decent wine list. The maitre d' effects a fairly convincing French, and may in all probability be a genuine Frenchman. The decor is fairly spartan with huge high ceilings and strangely-positioned mirrors as is the fashion these days.

A meal for two will probably set you back IRĀ£75 or so, including a bottle of wine and Irish coffees. It's not the kind of place that you'd take a large group of friends to; instead take a loved one there.

The restaurant is open for lunch Monday to Friday and evening meals Monday to Saturday.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Edited Entry

A330580

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more