Laos: water pistol warriors

0 Conversations

A good time to visit Laos is in April during the new year celebrations also celebrate the coming of the rains so in true quirky asian stylee they decide to throw every bit of spare water on each other in a festival known as pee mai the implications of this on a western face are grave do not expect to have a dry piece of clothing for a week either side of as the whole country turns into a water fight as old and young alike jostle with each other to throw as much water as possible involving planned hit and runs and random soakings, my favourite method to be soaked was driving through a village in the back of a pickup truck whilst twenty children line both sides of the road and throw buckets of water at you, it must be what going through a washing machine must feel like.

During my time in laos i developed the hundred yard stare(It was the local hooch that stopped the thousand yard stare !!) and always carried a supersoaker water cannon with me and had several vietnam type battles with the locals (great fun)

Laos is a great country very peaceful and very friendly people go but dont forget you water gun ;-)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A291809

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more