Ham Croquettes - 'Croquetas' Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Ham Croquettes - 'Croquetas'

0 Conversations

  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup finely diced onions
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • Salt and black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
  • 1 tablespoon dry sherry
  • 12 ounces ground smoked ham
  • 2 eggs, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 cupbread crumbs
  • Vegetable oil for frying

Preheat the fryer. In a large pan, melt the butter, add the onions and sauté until translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in flour to make a roux. Gradually whisk in the milk to form a smooth sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens. Whisk in nutmeg, sherry, parsley, salt and pepper. Add ground ham. Let simmer for five minutes on low heat. Pour the mixture into a baking pan and refrigerate until well chilled.

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with water until frothy. Combine the bread crumbs and flour in a second bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Shape the ham mixture into a log about 3/4-inch thick. Dip the logs in the egg wash and roll the logs in the seasoned bread crumbs. Cover logs with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two to three hours. Sauté the croquetas in the hot oil, a few at a time, three to four minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Salt and pepper to taste before serving.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Edited Entry

A283376

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more