- 2.5 lb fresh pork loin, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 large onion chopped
- The juice of one orange, one lemon and one lime, mixed together
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pure Spanish olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 fresh onion sliced into rings
- lime wedges
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- To prepare the marinade: mix together garlic, chopped onion, orange juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, oregano, cumin and salt. Pour it over the pork chunks and marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the meat from the marinade. Place in a pan with two cups of water and 1/2 cup olive oil. Simmer, uncovered until all the water boils away - for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Brown the pork in the oil until crispy on the outside. Add the onion slices and sauté briefly.
- Garnish the meat with lime wedges and serve with rice and plantains.