Doors:- Local Area Teleportation Devices.

2 Conversations

Standing in one room can often be rather dull, especially if the one you hapen to be standing in, is a dull room. This makes the whole experience of your stay in that particular box subsequently dull and uninteresting. This is where the LATD (or door for short and general ease of use) fullfills its role. The process involves transporting one or two (if small) people into a new box. This may result in the user becoming happier if the new room happens to be rather less dull than the room recently left. However, doors can also preform the task of teleporting between two worlds. A short description will follow. The inside world, many LATD’s here transporting between small boxes, and the out side world, generaly more interesting and colourful than the inside one. Now that LATD’s have been around for a while now they have generaly become unnoticed on Earth and many of its unhappy ocupants have taken to kicking and slamming them. (Many of the users just regard them as a hole in the wall).

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A25831

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more