A Conversation for Denver, Colorado, USA

Incorrect

Post 1

Eyes

As a person from Colorado Springs, I do not agree with your assertion that Denver is the only major city in Colorado. Denver is the largest, true. I would like to know your definition of the word major.


Incorrect

Post 2

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I can see your point, but I still think of Denver as the only major city in Colorado. Ask most people to name the major cities in California, and you'll get L.A., San Francisco, and San Diego. Ask about Texas and you'll get Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. Ask about Colorado and you are going to get Denver.

Most people consider Denver to be a medium-sized city, and Colo. Sprgs. is about half the size of Denver.

At any rate, I wasn't trying to cut down Colorado Springs, I was just emphasising the importance of Denver to the Rocky Mountain region. My apologies if I've offended, but I stand by my statement.


No Problem

Post 3

Eyes

I understand that you didn't mean to cut down Colorado Springs. It wasn't my intent to be as adament as I was in my reply to your article. Denver is a metropolis and the Springs is considered a municipality. I like the smaller size of the Springs even though it is growing way too fast.
I apologize for any ill feelings. This is a non-issue and I shouldn't have even made a case out of it. I hope there are no hard feelings. No matter where we live, Colorado is still a great place to live.


No Problem

Post 4

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Thanks Eyes. I'm glad to hear you are open-minded about this, and like I said, I can see your point. For the record, I've enjoyed the few times I visited the Springs - the scenery is very impressive smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more