H2G2SRPGF - Armour, Weapons, and Gear

1 Conversation

Weapons

Every great hero has a weapon, right? The same applies here. The weapon system is quite easy to use and understand. Each weapon will have a set of scores, one for body, mind, and soul. To use the weapon, you must meet the requirement score. Note, use the weapon. To use a weapon well, you'd need experiance. When you create your character, you may choose three weapons from the three main types, blunt, bladed, and ranged. You may choose a fourth weapon if your first three are all from the same category, provided it too is from the same as them. These weapons you will have some decent skill at; enough to easily hold your own in a battle. Next, choose one specific weapon that will be your main weapon. This will be your chosen item of personal destruction, with which you are fully lethal. Most basic weapons will only have a body score. Weapons with mind scores may be fairly tricky to use, such as bows, or have magical properties, like enchanted blades.

Some classes will be limited to specific weapons, by size, type, weight, and so on. Others will be given bonus weapons due to their specialization. Make sure to check up with your class before selecting a weapon.

Armour

Just like weapons, armour will also have a three-point score. This again shows the minimum score needed to wear the armour, and clunk around in it oddly. When you create your character, you may choose one type of armour from the three, light, medium, and heavy. This type of armour will be the one that you use the best, and can get the most protection out of. Again, note that most armour will have only body scores, but some tech armour will have mind scores, and enchanted armour would have soul scores. Each type of armour will have specific pluses and minuses.

Light Armour

Light armour is thin, lightweight armour that is easy to move in. It won't stop arrows or stabs, but it can turn glancing blows and absorb a little bit of impact. It makes little to no noise, so it is very useful for the stealthy.

Medium Armour

Medium armour is a decent grade of protection, able to turn some slashes and deflect glancing blows. It is somewhat noisey, as it usually has metal in its design at some point. This armour is perfect for warriors who want protection while still being somewhat nimble. Magic and Chi cannot be used while wearing this armour. Thieves and Assassins may not use this armour.

Heavy Armour

Heavy armour is the most complete form of protection, turning some stabs and most slashes and glancing blows. It is heavy, however, and makes quite a bit of noise. Running takes quite a bit of effort. Magic and Chi cannot be used while wearing this armour. Thieves, Assassins, and Rangers may not use this armour.

Gadgets, Machines, and Technology

Some gadgets and other more advanced items will require a mind score for determining how well you can use them. Each gadget will have three mind scores. The first score enables you to use some of the more basic skills of the item, for example, a lockpick would be able to be used on simple locks, a go-kart could be driven down a road. The second skill enables skilled use, for example, the same go-kart could be taken off-road quickly, and a security camera could be looped. The third score enables exepertise, at which point any and all abilities for the gadget or item are able to be used, and the gadget or item can be repaired to a greater or lesser degree.

Magical Items

The same three-point as gadgets system applies with magical items, amulets, and the like, using the soul score. At the first score, the magical effect is only half of what it normally is. At the second score, the magical item works normally. The third score doubles the effects of the magical item.

Basic Weapon List

Bladed

  • Hand-Axe: Body 1 (Small)
  • Knife: Body 3 (Small)
  • Knuckle-Duster: Body 4 (Small)
  • Bagh Nakh: Body 4 (Medium)
  • Short Sword: Body 5 (Medium)
  • Falchion: Body 5 (Medium)
  • Scimitar: Body 5 (Medium)
  • Kuhuri: Body 6 (Medium)
  • Firangi: Body 7 (Medium)
  • Long Sword: Body 7 (Medium)
  • Ram Dao: Body 8 (Medium)
  • Pike: Body 7 (Large)
  • Broadsword: Body 9 (Large)
  • War Axe: Body 9 (Large)
  • Scythe: Body 10 (Large)
  • Bastard Sword: Body 11 (Large)
  • Katana: Body 12 (Medium)
  • Breaker Sword: Body 14 (Gigantic)

Blunt

  • Club: Body 1 (Medium)
  • Cosh: Body 3 (Small)
  • Whip: Body 3 (Small)
  • Quarterstaff: Body 3 (Medium)
  • Flail: Body 6 (Medium)
  • Mace: Body 9 (Large)
  • War Hammer: Body 10 (Large)
  • Great Axe: Body 13 (Gigantic)

Ranged

  • Sling: Body 6 Mind 7 (Small)
  • Shortbow: Body 8 Mind 9 (Medium)
  • Longbow: Body 10 Mind 10 (Large)
Back

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2473968

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more