A Conversation for Ukuleles

Needing Help

Post 1

RossyTheWorm

Hey I'm looking on making a how to play the ukulele entry, but I'm a beginner still myself, so while I can explain some stuff I cant actually explain all those complicated bits, e.g.hammer ons etc. so I'm looking for help as I write to bits of it.
smiley - towelsmiley - cheers


Needing Help

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

How far have you got in writing it?

I find the best way to write an entry is to write the headers first, and then fill in the sections. I'd suggest "Holding the Uke", "Tuning", "Rhythm", "Chords", "Advanced Techniques".

How are you going to write the chords? It is possible to upload diagrams to h2g2 but it is cumbersome - you have to send them to me and I'll upload them for you. But if you can think of a way of doing it in text, then you can have control of the chords yourself.

Recumbentman is the expert ukulele player; he plays in a uke band and has recorded performances.


Needing Help

Post 3

RossyTheWorm

Well not very far I'm just looking for advice on what to include and how to write some of the harder stuff l


Needing Help

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Recumbentman's group are http://www.ukeristiccongress.com

You can see him on their "About" page, where he kindly provides a link back to this entry.


Needing Help

Post 5

RossyTheWorm

Thanks. smiley - cheers


Needing Help

Post 6

Recumbentman

Hello rossy! Sorry to stay away so long; I just came across this conversation.

I know well the temptation to write about a thing so as to sort out your own thoughts, but it's not a good idea to publish it. The guiding principle in h2g2 is 'write what you know about'.

It is just too easy to fall into unnecessary problems and spend much too much effort on side issues.

Sorry to put a damper on your project. Think of Bertrand Russell: he was incredibly brilliant writer. When he became a parent late in life he wondered how to do it, and wrote a book on the subject. It didn't help; he was a tragically bad father.


Needing Help

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

Recumbentman, Rossy's entry on playing the ukulele has been in Peer Review for weeks.


Needing Help

Post 8

Recumbentman

Oh. Must have a peep.


Needing Help

Post 9

RossyTheWorm

thank you for peeping smiley - cheerup


Key: Complain about this post