A Conversation for Mad Anthony's Ghost

And in 1995, 3 film students disappeared while making a documentary...

Post 1

Mustapha

I apologise for starting out that way, but I just Blair Witch tonight and was extremely disappointed by it.

It's great to see a REAL spooky ghost story without all that irritating camerawork.


And in 1995, 3 film students disappeared while making a documentary...

Post 2

Kerbdog

Did you really think that film was spooky?!
Call me nit picky but when they lost the map, why didn't they just playback the video and look at it through the viewfinder???

I was dissapointed with the film also.

I ended up hating the characters after about 10mins and was hoping they were going to get bumped off, Arn't you supposed to develop a kinship or bond to the good guys?

Who knows!


And in 1995, 3 film students disappeared while making a documentary...

Post 3

Mustapha

Apologies, the great spooky story I was referring to was Mad Anthony's Ghost.

Please join me at http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=15981&thread=13297 where I posted reasons for my diappointment with BWP (I'm kind of in the minority at the moment).


And in 1995, 3 film students disappeared while making a documentary...

Post 4

Jimi X

The general had an interesting life. Some have speculated that he was cursed...
See Trotter's Curse at http://www.h2g2.com/A193114 for more details. smiley - smiley


And in 1995, 3 film students disappeared while making a documentary...

Post 5

Kerbdog

You are not the only one in the minority here friend!
I think that the reason BWP was very disapointing was apart from the three characters with their atrocious "natural" acting was the marketing of the movie by trying to claim it was a real event thus lying to the public. Nobody likes to be fooled or conned regardless of what it involves and I think a lot of people, especially those who thrive on true life mysteries and urban legends will feel very cheated by this film and it's makers for exploiting this.
This was obviously the only way a low budget film with nothing to offer visually or through content could do ANY business.
I admission to the film was paid for by a friend because I did not particularily want to see this film and I still think I was worse off for it. Nevermind eh! I'll just wait and be disapointed by the next Star Wars film.


And in 1995, 3 film students disappeared while making a documentary...

Post 6

Monkeysuncle

And they didn't even serve popcorn at the cinema I watched it at. Doubly disappointing!


And in 1977, a guy made sci-fi film history

Post 7

KimotoCat

Dear Kerbdog, assuming that is your name.
Please do not make haste and claim that the next Starwars film will be disapointing.
Yeah, I know, the Phantom Menace was, by many peoples standard, menacing in other fashions than the ones intended.
Yeah, I know, we all know where the second and third film will lead.
Yeah, I know, Jar-Jar Binks must die. Don't worry, he'll most likely soon slip over his own tongue and either suffocate or fall into a pod-racer engine.
Yeah, I know, the legend has suffered more than it has gained from StarWars I, but hey, the legend is still alive...

BTW - I live in Denmark and I know that this is a very small nation in deed, but I have in fact been lead to believe that the Blair Witch Project is for real. Am I to understand that this is not true?

Anyway, cool ghost-stories and legends are always nice!


And in 1995, 3 film students disappeared while making a documentary...

Post 8

Donut

In England the film was so hiped that we knew it wasn't real but it was s'posed to be really good and to have taken billions in the box offices. Alot of us all thought it was crap and wanted the girl to die first.


And in 1995, 3 film students disappeared while making a documentary...

Post 9

Jimi X

THE GIRL DIES???

smiley - winkeye

I really didn't see the film, but I also had no desire to see it...

- X


And in 1977, a guy made sci-fi film history

Post 10

J. T. Kat

I liked allo the star wars movies. I also know a girl who is obsesed about star wars she has seen the first one 10 or 11 times. I have only seen it twice like a normal person.


And in 1977, a guy made sci-fi film history

Post 11

Halfhaggis

And what sort of normal person do you mean?

A normal axe-murdering person, or a normal man-eating person, or perhaps a normal cave-dwelling person?

I find it all very confusing and I would appreciate it if you could kindly elaborate on what sort of normal person watches Star Wars twice.

Thanks

Bye

See you later.

Or perhaps not.

I'll stop now.


And in 1999, normal was defined again

Post 12

KimotoCat

Normal must, by any normal standards, be what the majority consider normal. And I happen to have watched the first StarWars movie... twice!
So by the present definition of this forum, that is normal behaviour.

But as is weird endings...

BWAAAAHHHAAHAHAHA!

Snicker...

Oink...


And in 1999, normal was defined again

Post 13

Halfhaggis

I've watched the movie in question three times, hence, by the present definition of this forum, I am an abnormal person. However the question remains...
Are those normal people who contribute to this forum all axe-murderers?

Don't miss the next thrilling episode of "This Has Nothing At All to Do with The Blair Witch Project"


And in 1999, normal was defined again

Post 14

KimotoCat

Or Mad Anthonys Ghost.

Did you ever kill anybody using an axe?

Personally I prefer wood-chippers. It's also the ecologically sound way to get rid of any surplus corpse!


And in 1999, normal was defined again

Post 15

Jimi X

I kept an axe in my closet in college...
We called it choppy!


And in 1999, normal was defined again

Post 16

Halfhaggis

I prefer to keep surplus corpse in the fridge to snack on when I get a wee bit peckish.


And in 1999, normal was defined again

Post 17

Jimi X

Yuck, yuck, yuck!


And in 1999, normal was defined again

Post 18

KimotoCat

Hmmmm...


And in 1999, normal was defined again

Post 19

Bagpuss

You have watched Fargo one too many times!


And in 1999, normal was defined again

Post 20

KimotoCat

Only once!


...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more