A Conversation for Chicken and Egg - a Rational Answer

The chicken came first. A simple solution.

Post 81

Gnomon - time to move on

Splitting hairs using George Washington's axe, perhaps? smiley - smiley


The chicken came first. A simple solution.

Post 82

Recumbentman

That's axiomatic smiley - jester


The chicken came first. A simple solution.

Post 83

U1623473

The EGG!

The egg contains the same DNA as the chicken therefore it was a chicken eg from a pre-chicken END OF STORY!smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - smiley


The chicken came first. A simple solution.

Post 84

Recumbentman

Well hello here U1623473! Welcome to the wonderful world of etc.

Please expand your answer. Are you saying that the egg contains the same DNA as the chicken that laid it or the chicken it contains?

The best reading of your comment seems to be the latter. A non-chicken laid a chicken egg. This is what Gnomon says in the Entry.

Even so it's not the end of the story. This one has legs. It will run and run. (Don't you hate runny eggs?)

He still has to show me what he means by such a term as "the first chicken". I can't attach to it any credible meaning at all.


The chicken came first. A simple solution.

Post 85

U1623473

The egg contains the same DNA as the chicken inside it!


The chicken came first. A simple solution.

Post 86

Recumbentman

Indeed; they are the one individual.


The chicken came first. A simple solution.

Post 87

pacmarac

The unborn baby chicken surely only contains half the mothers DNA, thus making it a unique individual.


The chicken came first. A simple solution.

Post 88

ITIWBS

The question is: "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"; not: "When did the chicken come along?"

Eggs were around eons before chickens hit the scene.

You draw the conclusion.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more