Volunteer to be an Ace

571 Conversations

Aces' Home Page | Why be an Ace? | What do the Aces do? | Aces' Code of Conduct | Volunteer to be an Ace

The ACEs are the upstanding members of h2g2. They are always available to provide a polite and friendly helping hand.

They greet newbies and help them get to grips with the sometimes overwhelming h2g2 experience.

They try to calm down heated discussions with a few well-chosen words.

They're the sort of people that you'd like to meet in real life, and they do it by embodying the values of h2g2 that we all hold dear. This is the difference between the Aces and unofficial schemes: the Aces are exemplary members of h2g2, whereas unofficial scheme members can be anything they want.

This doesn't mean that we're trying to dictate the online personas of the ACEs, or what they do. We just ask that they're always friendly, helpful and very patient with our Researchers.

How to Join the ACEs

Does this sound like the kind of scheme that you would be interested in joining? If you'd like to join this volunteer scheme, you can apply by starting a new Conversation below. Please give us details of your h2g2 Researcher number and your h2g2 nickname in the title so that we can find your details quickly.

Thanks for volunteering!

Last updated on 15th October 2011.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A210664

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more