Cordelia Chase

0 Conversations

Cordelia Chase
Cordelia is slightly self-centered to say the least, although she does soften as time progresses. She comes from quite a wealthy family, who have always lived in Sunnydale, as far as we know.
Cordelia becomes a cheerleader and is targeted by a witch for her place on the squad. This is her first encounter with the paranormal from which Buffy saves her.
Cordelia's rudeness make her the target for an invisible girl whom she totally ignored. She turns to the scoobies for help and she becomes accepted by them, occasionally 'helping' although she rarely seems to put much effort into the research, she does offer rides to the gang.
Cordy has never been what you could call sympathetic, but is capable of showing emotion. In a life-or-death situation, she ends up making out with Xander, but because he isn't cool enough, she keeps the relationship a secret. Its only when Willow catches them kissing, that they have to come out into the open and tell everyone.
On the night of the Homecoming dance, she and Buffy get caught up in Mr, Trick's Slayerfest, they fight their way through various demons, vampires and soldiers with Cordelia scaring a vampire just by yelling at him. They make it to the dance just in time for the announcement of Homecoming Queen, only to discover that neither of them actually won the title.

Cordelia is often kidnapped by vampires or guys who are generally up to no good. Her worst experience came when she almost lost her head to a guy who was making a Frankenstein style girlfriend for his recently reanimated brother.
When Cordelia and Oz catch Xander and Willow kissing, she fleees, only to fall through a staircase and get impaled. Although Xander does his best to make it up to her, Cordy refuses to speak with him. After spending a week in hospital, Cordy returns to school where she meets Anya. She tells her briefly about what a mistake her relationship with Xander was and how she feels its all Buffy's fault. SHe wishes that Buffy had never come to Sunnydale, a wish that Anya grants throwing them all into Bizarro Land.
Here, Cordelia is accepted by her friends and although things seem normal enough, the vampire population is totally out of control. While walking home, she encounters the vampire versions of Willow and Xander and Xander tries to feed from her, but she is rescued by the 'white hats'. On return to the library, Cordy tells Giles that he needs to get Buffy back, before she can elaborate further, Willow and Xander burst in, trap Giles in the book cage and kill her. Luckily, Giles is still a watcher and he researches the amulet Cordy is wearing and finds that destroying it will reverse the spell and return things to normal.

When Faith's new watcher arrives, the mutual attraction is obvious but despite her blatant flirting Wesley fails to act, partly because she is a student, partly because he is rather shy and inexperienced. Just before he says he's leaving to return to England, they share a kiss, which appears to be his first. They never progress further than this stage as far as anyone is aware.
Although Cordelia was accepted to many colleges, her fathers tax evasion meant that the family were broke and we don't think that she actually went to college.
At some point though, she did move to LA to work alonside Angel. Her story continues there.....

Back To Buffy home Page

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2080405

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more