Escape Pod Dreams - 48

1 Conversation


Don't judge a book by it's cover, see who edited it!

The New New blob


The art of publishing: Or: Why don't it say what I wrote?

Did you know that Skakespeare never saw his complete plays in print?

Does this not strongly suggest that they might not be in the form that he would have chosen?

Does this not also make you wonder if he wanted them printed at all?

Would it not be strange if one of the major influencial works in the Englich language was in our hands against the wishes of the author?

And if all this were true, doesn't that make all the effort and money spent on arguing about this fellow and trying through brain-deadening scholarship to figure out if he actually wrote that stuff seem kinda like wasted?

Could all that time, money and frustration have been better spent on someone who wanted to be published and went to the effort of making sure that his works were edited to his satisfaction?

Whom might this person be?

We'll never know, will we?

More reasons to lock your door at night and wonder what your cat is doing during the day:

1. 8:57 AM
You can get used to anything: the tyranny of stupidity

by
The last dog in the door, happy at last.

2. 9:57 AM
Humor and Death: Yuk, you're sick!

by
Recipe for disaster: More fun than you can imagine

3. 10:57 AM
Violence of the soul

by
Tyraollian rebeck Celebrating ten years sober but not boring

4. 11:57 AM
Owed to a random stranger

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive

(tonsil revenge)

20.11.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2059715

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more