A Conversation for New York City, USA

Statue of Liberty and the MOMA

Post 1

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

The Statue of Liberty is only partially accessible at this time.

Tourists can visit the pedestal, but the actual statue and crown is off limits due to fire, safety, and terrorism concerns in the wake of 9/11. I understand general access will not be made available until a major construction overhaul is achieved to allow for some other means of escape besides the narrow original 16-story staircase.

The MOMA, the Museum of Modern Art, is another must-see museum.

While the Met has a section for modern art, it just can't compare to the shockingly good collection in the MOMA. Add to this also the rapidly rotating displays for new artists and the brand new renovation by an artful Japanese architect, and I can't see wanting to miss it.

Check out the new digs and other info here:
http://www.moma.org/


Statue of Liberty and the MOMA

Post 2

binarypower

Also, Orlando is home to Disney World, not Disney Land. Disneyland is in California.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more