A Conversation for The Number 206265

Is this coincidence?

Post 41

Bluebottle

They're good for you if you eat them with enough sugar.


Ld Denning

Post 42

Nails

O.K. so you wrote this comment eons ago, but any comment on Denning is worthy of a reply at any stage in life - the man is a genius... there is no way on earth that his comments are genuine, so we must therefore conclude that he meant them purely for the amusement purposes of law students (even the Demi-God himself contradicts himself at times c.f. his opinion on implied & exclusion clauses in L'estrange v Graucob when he worked for the appellant, and his subsequent comments on the topic area when actually in the House of Lords) in which case we must bow down and be thankful, after all ,when you've finished Crim. and are unlikely to get any more cases like R v Brown, one has to wonder whether it's all worth it!


Ld Denning

Post 43

Bluebottle

Lord Denning definately was unique - and overall, seemed to decide cases in the way we'd agree with. He should have been a story teller - all his cases start with him painting a picture of what is happening - I remember reading one case, I can't remember which one now, where he talked about the wonders of cricket for three or four pages before coming to the point, but he did so in such a wonderful way it made you feel that cricket was the point of the case. Very unique, very imaginative, very enigmatic. I don't really know enough about him to say more.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more