A Conversation for Coffee

Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol (HTCPCP)

Post 1

Zach Garland

Written April 1998. It should be mentioned with coffee. I think.

Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol (HTCPCP/1.0)
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc2324.html

Please read the above treatise and then perform the following multiple choice exam.

1. The purpose of this document was:
a. the fulfillment of a dare.
b. the response to April Fools 98.
c. the culmination of too much caffeine in the bloodstream coupled with a sizeable lack of disgrace on the part of those involved.
d. an attempt to pick up women.

2. Statements like "There is coffee all over the world" are considered to be:
a. blanket generalizations with no true purpose or meaning, designed to take up space and waste everyone's time.
b. a reason to believe the gnomes when they come to steal your underpants.
c. an attempt to pick up women.
d. ubiquitous.

3. Use of the BREW method has not yet surpassed the POST action because:
a. they haven't completed the RFC for Hyper Text Brewery Control Protocol yet, and until you can get a beer this way, what's the point?
b. an attempt to pick up women.
c. they are still adding code to that part of the protocol because someone forgot to include the WHEN command: and thy cup runneth over.
d. this humor is far too obscure and geeky for me, boy. give me reruns of Saturday Night Live so i don't have to think so hard.
e. all the above but none of the below, unless it's extra sweet with a lemon twist.

4. Starbuck's Coffeehouses are:
a. Fantastic! Give me a caramel frappuchino extra icy and some of those very expensive scones, man! Make it a VENTI!
b. wait, wasn't starbuck a character in battlestar galactica?
c. actually an affront to the mom and pop coffee houses, and Starbuck's should not be supported because big business like Starbuck's is destroying the livelihood of the common man.
d. the gnomes are after my underpants! I can't take the pressure! AAAGGH!!

5. This HTCPCP exam was:
a. fun.
b. lame.
c. ubiquitous.
d. an attempt to pick up women.
e. a subeditor avoiding getting any real work done. BACK TO WORK!


Key: Complain about this post

Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol (HTCPCP)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more