A Conversation for Falkirk, Scotland, UK

Geography is not my strongpoint...

Post 21

Zantic - Who is this woman??

Now, not that I'm taking anything you say the wrong way or anything, being a bairn o' falkirk *better deal wi the devil*...
It is onl half way between Embra and Glasgow on the train, and only when there is a blue moon and a strong wind etc. And it is also slightly north *PEDANT*
However, forget about he pedestranised streets, it's the fact that the wholr place is sinking, and yet thy are re-building the bridges *that they tore down twenty years ago* so the canal can be re-opened...
I could go on...


Geography is not my strongpoint...

Post 22

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Oh, the Millennium Canal Link Thing - I'm assuming they call it that because it's going to take a thousand years to finish.


Geography is not my strongpoint...

Post 23

Zantic - Who is this woman??

More than likely....esp. if more back gardens fall into it....and FDC is 'organising' it, it'll take the second coming/at least one miracle to get it done


Geography is not my strongpoint...

Post 24

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Still, we've got some lovely, new and unnecessarily complicated roundabouts out of it.


Geography is not my strongpoint...

Post 25

Zantic - Who is this woman??

Been out Larbert way recently *shamefacedly my home ground*
All these luvverly paintd spots on the road. Lots of crossing islands no more than the regulation five foot from the end of road's/intersections/roundabouts/spots in the road and anywhere else that makes a brill traffic hazard. And then there are the HOLES in the road. Where the place is sinking into the sand or the mine tunnels or the old land fill.....or...or.....or..
Not that this is a pet subject of mine or anything *grinds teeth down to mandible and beyond*

*WARNING....DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER WILL ROBINSON*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more