A Conversation for Trousers versus Pants

Slacks pants Jeans

Post 1

bigdogcowboy

I know that here in Canada we just like to say slacks,ssslllaaaccckksss. It just rolls off of our toungues. I think because of our lack of accent. For myself and my other late twenty early thirty something friends, we like to use the term dress slacks. This is a bounch of guys here talking. Dress slacks give a swanky flavour to the words nicely pressed trousers. I like it!
Secondly, the topic of jeans is widely debated and has substantial meaning to the wearers self-identity in Canada. Here in Alberta, many of the locals wear a brand called wranglers, I know they're American, but we have serious cowboys as well. These jeans say to the world I have a certain lifestyle. I can fix a truck, build a barb wire fence, feed a cow, ride a horse, kiss a girl into orbit... For more info see the term wrangler butt. Or for the opposite see wannabe or tourist at the Calgary Stampede. Baggy jeans are for another group of people, much more comfortable, and allowing for more mobility.Tend to be the younger consumer. The very expensive jeans wearing individual goes to coffee houses and to work on fridays in this outfit. Tends to be a proffessional, or just uptight. Now there are shiney jeans, hip hanging jeans, bell bottomed jeans, it's just crazy. Want to try a new identity, just get a new pair of jeans.


Key: Complain about this post

Slacks pants Jeans

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more