Marvin Turns To The Dark Side (CAC Edition)

0 Conversations

The Ten Doctors

Chapter Two

All Doctors

“Marvin?” asked the tenth Doctor again.
“You’re beginning to repeat yourself.” said Marvin acidly.
All the Doctors frowned, Rose just stood there looking confused.
“You’re behind all this?” asked the fourth Doctor, “You seemed so nice last time I met you.”
“Beings change Doctor, you of all people should know that.” answered Marvin.
“You brought us here? How?” asked the seventh Doctor.
Marvin threw the cat off his lap an stood up. Everyone turned to the cat. It never hit the floor. Amy was standing up, with the cat in her arms. Her eyes were closed and she still looked unconscious. She was unconscious but was free-standing.
Marvin gestured towards Amy, “She got you here. Well, her and her past selves.”
“Past selves… does that mean…” said the third Doctor.
Marvin nodded.
“No! She can’t be I’m the last… nothing.” blurted the ninth Doctor almost giving away a piece of information that would change the history of the universe.
“What do you mean the last?” asked the second Doctor.
Rose interrupted, “What is she?”
Marvin answered, “She is half Healer which is why her energy drain is so great.”
“And the other half?” asked the first Doctor.
“Time Lady.” hissed Marvin.
Marvin walked over to Amy and took the cat out of her hand. Her eyes opened, she leapt back, bumped into Marvin then ran to the middle of the white void.
“What’s going on?” asked Amy looking around.
“You should know Time Healer.” snapped Marvin.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” said Amy.
“Yes, you do.” said Marvin.
“She’s a Time Lady?” asked the fifth Doctor to the tenth.
“She told me she was a Healer.” answered the tenth Doctor.
“She’s both.” stated the third Doctor.
Marvin shouted at her, “Look each of the Doctors in the eye and tell them you don’t know what I mean.”
Amy’s eyes began to flood with tears, “I can’t.”
“Admit it.” said Marvin.
Amy submitted, “Fine. My mum was a Time Lady, my dad was a Healer. I’m on my last regeneration.”
The tenth Doctor asked her, “Why didn’t you tell me?”
Marvin hushed him, “That’s not it either. She wields a mighty power.”
Amy’s eyes widened, “No! You can’t have it! You won’t use it!”
“But I already have, the children that brought you here Doctors. That was her, her power. She can take things in and out of time and space.” said Marvin.
Amy stood there as if prepared to take any insults that may come her way. None came. Marvin didn’t seem confused by the reaction at all.
“That’s an awfully powerful power for any person of Time to possess.” said the third Doctor.
“It’s not her fault, she was born with it.” said Rose.
The tenth Doctor agreed, “Rose has a point. I mean if Amy was aware that she was taking us out of time then yes she is not as good as I thought, but if she was under an influence than it wasn’t her fault.”
The Doctors nodded at each other in agreement.
“She was under my influence, but trust me Doctors when I say that the power she holds can only do evil.” said Marvin.
Amy looked at Doctor ten with eyes that told no lies, “Doctor, understand me. I can control my powers.”
Marvin sighed, “You believe her?”
The fifth Doctor sighed at him, “She’s done no wrong.”
“To anyone but us.” whispered the sixth Doctor.
“What’s your real name?” asked the ninth Doctor.
“Amy is an abbreviation of it.” she said.
“Oh, like Romana’s?” asked the fourth Doctor.
“Yeah.” answered Amy.
Marvin coughed, “When you’re quite finished.”
The first Doctor gave Marvin a very disappointed look, “You are a very intelligent robot, but why did you ‘turn’?”
Suddenly, a black light appeared behind Marvin. A black figure walked out of it, carrying a red lightsaber.
“Darth Vader?” shouted Rose.
The fifth Doctor gave her a confused look, “Who is Darth Vader?”
“The evil bloke from Star Wars.” answered Rose.
Darth Vader stood next to Marvin, and turned Marvin around. On the back of Marvin’s head was a small red device which beeped. Darth Vader laughed evilly from under his mask.
“What have you done to Marvin?!” demanded the seventh Doctor.
“He is under my control. I planted an ‘Evil Circuit’ on him.” said Darth Vader.
“Let him go Darth Vader!” shouted Amy, who moved in the way of the Doctors and Rose so Darth Vader couldn’t hurt them.
“Call me Darth, and no you can’t have Marvin back.” said Darth.
Amy closed her eyes. Her hands flicked and a beam of white light made a stick shape in her hand. The white light around the stick faded leaving a green lightsaber. The lightsaber had a name tag on the end which read: ‘Belongs to Yoda this does.’
“You nicked that off Yoda?!” exclaimed the second Doctor.
“Why are you surprised?” asked the fourth Doctor.
“He might have been using it when she nicked it.” answered the second Doctor, the fourth Doctor laughed.
Amy held the lightsaber in an En Guard position. Darth looked at her.
“This is a lightsaber duel, not fencing.” groaned Darth.
“I’m well aware of that… it’s just fencing is the only form of violence I ever learnt.” said Amy.
Darth laughed, the tenth Doctor looked worried. He turned to consult the other Doctor.
“We need a plan. One to get us back to our time streams and another to save Amy and Marvin.” whispered the tenth Doctor.
Rose joined in with the planning, Darth walked towards them to stop their planning but Amy stood in the way. Darth ran forward with his lightsaber aimed like a gun, Amy parried, she then lunged forwards. Darth leapt out of the way.
Darth shouted to Marvin, “Kill them!”
“NO!” shouted Amy, white light erupted from her mouth and made a wall between Marvin, and the Doctors and Rose.
Darth lunged at her she parried again and did a disengage attack which was parried by Darth. He lunged at her again, she parried then attempted a first counter repose which was parried again.
The Doctors had come up with a plan, Amy made the wall disappear, the fourth Doctor distracted Marvin with a trick he picked off someone in the crab nebula. The ninth Doctor ran behind Marvin and ripped off the circuit. Marvin stopped, shook his head and then looked miserably at his rescuers.
“Oh, it’s you again.” he said looking at the fourth and tenth Doctors.
Meanwhile, Amy and Darth were still fighting. Darth lunged at Amy and cut her left arm deeply. She screamed and lunged at Darth, so blinded by anger that she got hit in her right arm. The lightsaber fell out of her hand, she fell onto her back. She looked up at Darth whose lightsaber was poised over her chest. As the sword lowered, Marvin sneaked up behind Darth and hit him over the head. Darth fell to the floor unconscious, his lightsaber missing Amy by a whiskers breadth. The tenth Doctor walked over and helped Amy to her feet.
She smiled at him, “Thanks.”
“That’s OK.” he answered.
The eighth Doctor walked over looking at her wounds, “Better bandage them up hmmm?”
The fifth Doctor sat Amy down and took a pair of gloves and two bandages out o her bag. He put on the gloves and exposed the wound on her right arm and bandaged it, surprisingly well.
“I didn’t know you knew first aid, Doctor.” said Amy.
All the Doctors answered, “Well you do know.”
The seventh Doctor bandaged the other arm. Amy checked them and smiled.
“They’re very good.” she said.
“Thank you.” answered all the Doctors at once.
Rose and Amy laughed as the second and third Doctors started arguing with each other. The tenth, ninth, eighth, seventh, sixth, fifth, and fourth Doctors all started turning red with embarrassment.
The fifth Doctor helped her up, “Perhaps you’d be kind enough to send us all home, before our third and second selves start fighting.”
“I can manage that, nice meeting you all. And thanks.” smiled Amy before flicking her hands and sending all the Doctors home except the tenth and Rose.
Marvin coughed, “Hello?”
“Oh, yeah. Thanks Marvin.” said Amy.
“What about Darth Vader?” asked Rose.
“Oh, better send him home.” said Amy before sending him back to his battle with his son.
The tenth Doctor turned to Amy, “About the Time Lords…”
“It’s OK, it wasn’t your fault. I’d have done the same thing in your position.” said Amy.
He smiled, “I knew you’d understand.”
“And always will.” beamed Amy, “C’mon we better get going. Marvin can you make your own way back?”
“Yes.” he replied miserably.
Amy began to flick her hands, Marvin picked up Yoda’s lightsaber and threw it. Amy, the Doctor, Rose and the lightsaber vanished in the white light.
Marvin laughed: “Mwhahahahahah!”
‘Mwhahahahahah’ being a universally recognised evil laugh used only by evil people or in this case robot, it turned out Marvin was evil all along and Marvin created Darth Vader and all other evils in the universe. Like: Hitler, George Bush, Davros, the cybermen etc. After all… he does have a brain the size of a planet, he needed t find something to occupy it and while being neutral was less annoying, evil was much more fun.

As they appeared back in the room, a green lightsaber hit Amy in the back. She fell to the floor. The Doctor unlocked the door, opened it and pulled Amy out. Rose watched feeling useless. The lightsaber had been thrown while the white light was taking them home, and the only person that could have thrown it was Marvin. Amy coughed up some blood, the Doctor pulled out the lightsaber, Amy screamed. He turned her so her back was on the floor. Her eyes looked at his, she smiled. The lightsaber had gone through her left heart and through a lung, it had gone straight through her.
The Doctor held her hands in his. Tears began to flood his eyes, he’d finally found another person from Gallifrey and they were dying. The tears came down his face, Amy’s grip on his hands weakened. He looked down at her.
She said something hoarsely, “All sparks will burn out in the end.”
Her eyes closed and her head tilted. The Doctor began crying, then got to his feet and ran through the old REP to the TARDIS. Rose ran after him, as she walked into the TARDIS she saw the Doctor curled up in a ball. She sat next to him. His head went up, it was red, flushed and covered in tears.
“I’m on my own now.” he whimpered.
Rose ran into the library and came out with his diary; she showed him the last page. He smiled. As he ran his fingers over the page some words appeared at the bottom:
ALL SPARKS WILL BURN OUT IN THE END.

Marvin watched from his fortress. He shouted, “The Doctor has ruined my creations’ plans enough, I want his head!”
Marvin’s voice echoed through time and space. Marvin laughed, “Poor Amy, the last Time Lady now dead. Poor Doctor, the last Time Lord he will die. What a shame.”

Inspired by the Editors’ song: ‘All sparks’.

This is the second chapter to Marvin Turns To The Dark Side. The next chapter will be posted soon, basically when I can be bothered.




Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A10832979

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more