A Conversation for Great Horror Movies

Exorcist III

Post 1

Twophlag Gargleblap - NWO NOW

Exorcist II was a cheap knockoff of the first movie. It stunk. Like Highlander II, most movie buffs prefer to pretend Exorcist II simply never happened.

Flash forward to the late 1980's or so and you have Exorcist III, written and directed by William Peter Blaaty, the mind behind the first flick. Based on his book, Legion, this movie stars Brad Dourif and George C. Scott and is the actual "real" sequel to the first Exorcist movie.

It's arguably much scarier than the first movie. The dialogue is great. The stark nihilism of it is soul-numbing. This movie makes Jacob's Ladder look like a quaint slasher flick in comparison.


Exorcist III

Post 2

PaulBateman

I enjoyed the third instalment - the book is certainly worth reading as well though much of it seems to be about philosophy, more so than the original Exorcist. However, I'd be tempted to say that the first film was the best of the lot, and the third wasn't bad but I think we could have lived without the second.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more