A Conversation for Great Horror Movies

Eraserhead!

Post 1

footfoot

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about this one. David Lynch, early 1970s. Once again, not a hack-and-slash gorefest, but a very scary movie. It centers around a guy (who has some very tall hair), his girlfriend, and their illegitimate baby-- but the baby isn't really a baby. Most of the movie appears to be part of a horribly nightmarish, surreal dream sequences, with all the Lynch fetishes that later became his trademarks. As such, it is somewhat hard to follow the direction of the movie, and one has to be simply engulfed in it. It's hard to be sure how much of the thing is in the protagonist's head, or if it all is. Summing it up, "Eraserhead" is the most graphic, weird, scary depiction of a nightmare I've ever seen. Watching it will leave anybody deeply disturbed.


Eraserhead!

Post 2

footfoot

sorry, I meant late 1970s.


Eraserhead!

Post 3

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

It's funny you should mention that, becuase I mentioned the same movie here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F110476?thread=265444#p3273882 It's a very very disturbing film.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more