A Conversation for Great Castles

when visiting lots of castles

Post 1

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

check to see if a significant number are owned by the national trust or englich heritage or a simlar organisation. there are some towns which have serveral tourist attractions available on one ticket so it's worth asking around. a years member ship to one of these is probably cheaper than entry to four or five properties. many of the better castles and larger stately homes charge over £5.00 entry. If there is more than one of you a family ticket can be a real saving. especially if you have a place nearby like wimpole hall in cambridge shire that you like to visit when you are not on holiday. some areas are dominated by one oragnisation so do check before you leave home which is the best one to join. members recieve a book with all the properties listed so it is easy to make plans. it also means that in some places you can go in and out ot the carpark which might be useful if you have small kiddies with you. or if its a really big place you dont have to do it all in one day.
FABT


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more