A Conversation for Tea

About bloody time!

Post 1

Researcher 37067

The number of times I've had to tell people at work that tea needs boiling water! People just shake their heads and think I'm mad. Now at last I can cite an authority on the matter.

Now do you want to tell them that Kit-Kats shouldn't be orange flavour?


About bloody time!

Post 2

parlau

Don't talk to me about Kit-kats!
I have boycotted them since the moguls of nestle took over the company and moved production from York to Frankfurt.
Nestle have slowly taken over all my old favourites including HP Sauce.


About bloody time!

Post 3

Researcher 37067

That must be why they've brought out those new thick ones. No sense of style, the Germans.


About bloody time!

Post 4

Researcher 39305

Unless you LIKE oddly shaped things. I speak of course of the Volkswagens. They...interest me...to say the least.


About bloody time!

Post 5

Peta

Do you think its related to head shape?


About bloody time!

Post 6

parlau

I never order a cuppa tea here in Germany, you get a glass of warm water, a tea bag to dunk in it, some sugar and a sachet of lemon juice.
Makes me want to throw up just thinking of that lot!

AG


About bloody time!

Post 7

Alex Egg

With schnapps and who would want to drink tea anyway.


About bloody time!

Post 8

parlau

The moderate imbibulation of tea infusions causes a mild mannered approach to life.
And the desire to use long words.


AG


About bloody time!

Post 9

Mem 40766

It is the same thing here in Israel. I guess since it's a hot country, people are not used to drink hot drinks, and that's why you get a glass of mediom-hot water, a tea bag, and a sorry look on the waitress eyes...
But the big surprise are the French! In Paris there are some 'Salon de Tea' that make the "British Empire" look not that good.


About bloody time!

Post 10

shmontsino

and they don't bother to spoil there tea with milk, mind you


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more