A Conversation for The East End of London, UK

Big Brother

Post 1

orangerocket

Isn't the Big Brother house somewhere near Bow?


Big Brother

Post 2

Frankie Roberto

Big Brother house is actually in Newham, which according to this article isn't part of the East End (even though West Ham football club is based there).


Big Brother

Post 3

Pheroneous

Well, I am not claiming to have researched the geography that thoroughly, nor have I been down there, and am therefore very open to correction. My understanding is that the house stands on an island in the canal at Bromley By Bow. The canal forms the boundary between LB Newham and LB Tower Hamlets, or between Stratford and Bromley. I have always heard it referred to as being in Bromley by Bow, and never as being in Stratford. Your clarification is awaited.


Big Brother

Post 4

Frankie Roberto

It's on the Newham side of the River Lea, which forms the boundary. It is in a semi-island made up of a smaller river, and the nearest tube is Bromley-By-Bow, but it is definately within Newham, part of the Mill Meads, Three Mills Studios. See my article-in-progress on Big Brother UK - http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A571051


Big Brother

Post 5

Pheroneous

Well, Frankie, I shall bow to your superior knowledge for the moment, and remove the reference from my version of the article. As I very long term resident of LBN, though, I shall, sooner or later, one day or other, maybe, learn the truth! Be warned! Meantime, I hope to see your entry in PR soon.


Big Brother

Post 6

Frankie Roberto

Hope I can get it through whilst the programme is still on, but we'll have to see...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more