This is the Message Centre for Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Lil's Najopomo #3 - Violation!

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I haven't done anything with my website in a long time, but now that I have Brackets installed, now that I am well into creating images for a new 3D project, and now that we're doing the NaJoPoMo... well, I thought I'd click in and see how it looks on a tablet.

Imagine my surprise when I tried to go to www.lilatladera.com and instead found myself looking at a screen that said WEB VIOLATION! Genesis Health Care Corporation has blocked this web page.
The reason given was that the site is unrated. WTF? I built, tested and published my website while at Ladera (which is why it doesn't look that great), and never had a problem viewing any page.

A bit of ferkling revealed that I could still ~manage~ the site. I can get to the control panel and upload stuff after I've viewed the page using my IDE (integrated development environment). I just can't look at the site onlne.

Pastey looked at the problem and opined that the Genesis web filther is at fault. That my web site is unrated means that their spider, the bot that finds and evaluates web sites, is not working. Unrated means my website is moderated until a decision is reached about its acceptability. Therefore the thing to do is contact Genesis HCC's IT. Well, that's not permitted. I had to explain the problem to the non-technical-minded concierge, who herself called MIS, and was issued a Support Issue Ticket. I'm now in the Issues Queue.

Milla looked at my website and found it to be clean, unhacked: she did this while she was in China. Hey, if you can access a website in China, you should be able to access it anywhere, yeah? Well, not if your wifi is brought to you by GenesisHCC. It makes me feel faintly guilty, as if I'm peddling smut or fomenting nursing home unrest. Unrest Homes!

I will post news about my ticket as soon as I hear anything.

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 3

It occurs to me to wonder how it is that I can access a salubrious place like h2g2, if the Genesis filther is being so priggish about lilatladera...

Post 4

Deb

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 5

Superfrenchie

smiley - orib

Post 6

minorvogonpoet

I like the idea of Nursing Home unrest!

Post 7

Coda:
The Administrator himself happened to be in my hall this morning. I was able to get his attention and explain the problem. He says he has a friend in MIS and will make a call today. I hope he remembers my domain name. smiley - smiley

Post 8

Superfrenchie

Did you hold a demonstration? smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more