This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

The red shoe diar... er... Journals

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I got measured up for my new shoes at the hospital this morning. I discovered there was a better range of colours available than last time, so I ordered up one black pair and one red pair. smiley - cool

Next up, I got a visit from the District Gnurse. Who couldn't operate a door entry system so I had to schlep downstairs to let her in. smiley - facepalmsmiley - puff

Then it was my Tesco delivery, and finally a package. smiley - ermsmiley - gift

I expected it to be my TalkTalk TV box, rescheduled after they failed to deliver last Wednesday. It wasn't. It was the LED light bulbs I ordered. smiley - eurekasmiley - eureka

I 'phoned the UK Mail "helpline" and got quite angry with them. They agreed to "upgrade my service" and deliver it "Guaranteed before 10:30am tomorrow". I asked how "A day late after a week's delay" could in any way be considered an upgrade... smiley - grr

Once I finally had the flat to myself I put the radio on and settled down in front of the computer for a while. Until 7pm...smiley - yikes

...just before The Archers, which was when the *second* person who didn't know how to operate a door entry system arrived. After two quick rounds of Doorbuzzer Roulette I lost patience and switched my intercom off till The Archers were over. smiley - steam

I watched "The Tomorrow People", "Law & Order: UK", "Castle" and some of "CSI". I'll be watching "Law & Order: SVU" and "Warehouse 13" before I crash. smiley - cdoublesmiley - sleepy

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Yes good. Take control over your doorbell and switch the bloody thing off. Well done. I would do my gate buzzer if I could. No switch.

Your home is your castle and if you pull up the drawbridge no-one can disturb you, simple. If it's the postman he can redeliver. They are serving you, not the other way round. it's what you pay your taxes for. (Or what I pay my taxes for <chuckle&gtsmiley - winkeye

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Except I couldn't leave it off 'bos I was expectong a 7am delivery. Which hasn't arrived yet. smiley - blue

I didn't get round to watching "Warehouse 13" last night. Maybe tonight. smiley - sleepy

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more