This is the Message Centre for Neutrino

Philosophical Musings

Post 1

Neutrino

So, recently I've been in this sort of awakening, and my philosophical brain has been working overtime. Some of the results of my wanderings:
1. If gravitons travel at the speed of light, then they do not age, and they have always existed (as long as the universe has existed). What prevented them from becoming the dominant force of the universe? If they are massless, then they only exist in time.
2. If something only exists in time, it has no mass, but it has to have force (since time necessarily implies dynamics, and a force is a dynamic quality). Therefore, shouldn't all forces only exist in time? Then, shouldn't all force particles exist only in time (gravitons, photons, gluons and that other -on that I can't remember)?
3. If parallel universes exist, would there exist a world that was not created by God? How could God create the universe and not create it at the same time? Or is God not creating the universe not a possiblitity? Or is God creating the universe only referring to the space that contains all of the mulitiverses, and so would circumvent this arguement?
4. Why do people always assume that there is a departure between science (really is physics) and religion? I have never seen how science is incompatible with religion, especially with Christianity. In fact, the structure and symmetry of the universe makes me believe in God all the more, since I see the grand design and the beauty of how it all works together.
5. Is there something in the universe that only exists in space? This would be an object with a finite mass and extension, but no dynamical properties (it could not change or evolve over time). Or maybe it's something like the gravitational constant or the speed of light, which does not depend on time (depending on who you talk to).
6. If there is no universal time, will the universe die out all at once, or little areas by little areas? When is it apparent that the universe is dead? When the temperature is absolute zero and all the energy is dissapated? Would photons then not exist anymore, since they are pure energy?

Sorry it's so long! Like I said, my brain's been working overtime! Maybe I should ask somebody and see what they think... smiley - huh

Philosophical Musings

Post 2

Neutrino

Ok, I've figured out one of my problems. Gravitons, photons, bosons (the -on I couldn't remember!) and gluons travel at the speed of light. Therefore, they have no mass, but Einstien said that they still have energy. All of their energy is used to travel at this speed, so therefore, they only exist in space, and not in time. They do not age or feel the effects of time. Cool, huh? smiley - huh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Neutrino

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more