The Amfoot Trivia Questions - Hall of Fame

2 Conversations

Welcome to the Amfoot Trivia Questions Hall of Fame

VISITORS WELCOME - Please sign the guestbook below

Admission is free - please enjoy your visit

On 15 February 2003, the ATQHoF was opened by Bright Blue Shorts and welcomed its first inductee, Fiedlers Fizzle the very same day.

Location of the Hall

Currently located under the stairs in the back corridor of the "Dog and Duck" pub in Lower Chipping Norton, the ATQHoF has a veritable wealth of information about its inaugural inductee.

This particular location has been chosen due to its status as the first place in Great Britain where an American football question was asked in a pub quiz. Back on 24 April 1983, "Norfolk 'n' Chance" were the only team to correctly identify the "Washington Redskins" as the team "Who won this year's Super Bowl?", going on to win the overall quiz with 36 points.

Inside the Hall

Glancing around you'll notice smears on the ceiling where previous visitors have bumped their head on the staircase, and over to the left you'll see the gent's toilets. The wooden floorboards creak just enough to distract from reading the inductee's profile, and despite many complaints to the management the third bulb in the spotlighters has yet to be replaced.

Nonetheless a rather homely quality hangs in the air, and the Hall's management have thoughtfully provided a small round table and wooden stool to allow visitors a place at which to sup a pint as they take in the exhibits.

Inductees

Fiedlers Fizzle - Inducted 15 February 2003

Details will be added for this exhibit at the earliest opportunity


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A956991

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more