UK Guiding - The Adult Sections Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

UK Guiding - The Adult Sections

0 Conversations

Guiding would simply not exist if it wasn't for the time and effort put in by the adult members. This often starts with a daughter at Brownies whose pack 'just needs a helper', and goes on from there.

There are over 100,000 adult volunteers in roles such as:

  • Unit Leaders
  • Assistant Leaders
  • Commissioners
  • Unit Helpers
  • District/Division/County Secretaries
  • County Registration Secretaries
  • Treasurers
  • Trainers
  • Advisors (for instance, International Advisors or Public Relations Advisors

Leaders and Commissioners are uniformed. All the above posts are open to women aged 18 to 65.

There are some roles available to men as well. These are Unit Helpers, Secretaries, Treasurers, Public Relations Advisors or Instructors.

The Trefoil Guild is open to men and women over 18, regardless of whether or not they have previously been connected with Guiding, and providing they are willing to take or renew their Promise. It is a way to maintain links with Guiding for those who have finished their 'active service', or for those not previously involved to support Guiding and its aims. It offers companionship, and the chance to serve the community and have fun together. Affiliate membership is also available for those who do not wish to take or renew their Promise.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Edited Entry

A499278

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more