A Conversation for Charles Addams - Cartoonist

Calvin & Hobbes Correction

Post 1

Steve K.

A minor correction, "Calvin & Hobbes" was by Bill Watterson, not Jim. And I've never thought of C & H as weird, I mean I'm now reading the book "Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons", and ... never mind. smiley - monster


Calvin & Hobbes Correction

Post 2

Xanatic

That part about the killer snowman was his best work. But Watterson is simply brilliant. Peanuts go home.


Calvin & Hobbes Correction

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster

*Bill* Watterson... Jim *Davis*... durr...

Thanks for thatcorrection - momentary slip of the mind. I was too busy impersonating Spaceman Spiff and fighting Vlhurgs and Ggugvunts in my spacehopper...

Jims
Mixing his sources there smiley - smiley


Calvin & Hobbes Correction

Post 4

superdogmonkey

Nice work. I used to have a giant volume of C.A. which my uncle gave me and I always used to wnder why the TV show was never as scary as the book!!

smiley - monster


Calvin & Hobbes Correction

Post 5

Primord

noodle incident
smiley - laugh


Calvin & Hobbes Correction

Post 6

Steve K.

"NOBODY CAN PROVE I DID THAT!" smiley - angel


Calvin & Hobbes Correction

Post 7

Primord

smiley - laugh
I love the one where C&H are talking about flys going round in circles "maybe they like to barf!"
smiley - biggrin


Calvin & Hobbes Correction

Post 8

Steve K.

I think it was a different book, but I liked the story where Calvin sells the Earth to aliens. Everything is OK until winter when it snows. The aliens show up at the door, with snow on their heads, "You sold us a defective planet!"

Tell me about it ... as my air conditioning bill heads into the stratosphere here in the Texas summer.


Calvin & Hobbes Correction

Post 9

Shanana the cannibalistic banana

Poor man, living in Houston, but you know, you're lucky. Alaska had the high temperatures *for the NATION* this last week. It was 80* DEGREES! My friends in San Antonio were complaining of the cold spell (70 or so) and Pennsylvania's getting 55*s. Is this the end of the world or something???


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more