A Conversation for English History - A Condensed Version for the Average Tourist

Well done!

Post 1

Icy North

Love the blob, too.

Aagh - I should have asked you to link 'pops her clogs' to A37676613smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers Icy


Well done!

Post 2

Icy North

Oh, and Waterloo's no longer the terminus of the Eurostar. You might want to adjust this bit.


Well done!

Post 3

U168592

Thanks smiley - biggrin

You wanna drop a line to the Eds at EF? I'm a tad busy subbing at the mo' smiley - winkeye


Well done!

Post 4

Icy North

Will do smiley - smiley


Well done!

Post 5

Trayned_band_ogre

hello, PLEASE don't take this as a criticism, but could I just point out that Cromwell wasn't deposed, he died in office. His son Richard took over, but just wasn't a chip off the old block, indeed there was a comment made that "the old vulture is dead, and a titmouse has taken his place". Richard eventually did a deal with Parliament that he and all his descendants would retire in to the country and never be heard of again, which is pretty much what happened.

As a bye the bye (and I acknowledge that you are writing short hand for the average tourist) but Cromwell was by no means the prime mover and shaker in the first two wars, that was Fairfax, Pym etc. Also there were 59 Regicides, some who were just as passionate about their cause as Cromwell.

Cheers

Ogresmiley - ok


Well done!

Post 6

U168592

No problem, thanks for the feedback. smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more