A Conversation for 'Run Lola Run' - the Film

cheering and clapping...

Post 1

NexusSeven

Hey, I saw a showing in the Prince Charles cinema in London where this phenomenon was actually observed. This might be because most of the audience weren't actually English, but it was still a noteworthy happening... especially as I was hollerin' like a mad thing.

This film rocks, and Franke Potente is the most ravishing German since Claudia Schiffer (who, in my humble opinion, was a little overrated anyway).

There, I've had my say about this excellent film; now I urge people to see it.


cheering and clapping...

Post 2

passenger

Hi there;

At first: Thank you for the informations about the Leicester Sqare...
I know places like that here in Germany and it's good to know where not to go...
I was really surprised that you've seen "Lola rennt" (The German title), cause I didn't know that they're broadcasting it abroad. But it's nice to hear that people also watch films which are not produced in Hollywood and which are not typically American...
It sometimes seems as if the US were the only country that makes films which are good enough to broadcast them in cinema...
And I don't really believe that for in my opinion most European films are much better.
But you're right. Run, Lola, run really is a good movie. I've seen it when it was on cinema here in Germany (must be about two years ago???).
And if you like Franka Potente, there's another really good film with her: Nach fünf im Urwald
I don't know the English title.
Translation: Past five in the jungle
Just ask, if you're interested what it's about!


cheering and clapping...

Post 3

NexusSeven

So... What is it about? I'm intrigued.


cheering and clapping...

Post 4

passenger

Franka Potente plays a seventeen year old girl, that dreams of joining a band. She plays the guitar really good.
Her parents are absolutely intolerant. They grew up in the 70s but they seem to have forgotten everything about that time, exspecially the message of the revolution.
I don't want to tell too much about the film, if you're going to watch it, only the main stuff:
She runs away with a friend at night to try to take part at a musical selection or something like that... When her parents and the frind's parents find out, they first get angry but then they change by and by, remembering how they had felt at this age. This is the funniest part of the film, when they show off with old stories from their youth (drugs, hitchhiking, drugs and drugs again...).
You really should watch it, it's cool! But it's older as Run, Lola, run, so it probably won't be on cinema...


cheering and clapping...

Post 5

NexusSeven

I shall keep an eye out for it... Sounds cool... Cheers p.


cheering and clapping...

Post 6

Mat

Yes, Franka is great. It's nice to see her in more mainstream movies now like Blow and Bourne Identity. She's got a really special presence on screen.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more