A Conversation for John Lennon

Lennon on TV 1970-1980

Post 1

Alfredo



Today I saw a video; "Lennon on TV 1970-1980" with TV performances.
All times with Ono..

I really enjoyed watching him and feeling his concern, his/their commitment abouth what was happening with the youth in those days and the state of the western culture.

Quotes from him by head;

"Apathy is nit. We want inspire peoples. Flower power did not work, so what. Let's start all over. It is a proces, not something to be done in one year. It needs to unroll in a lenght of time.

Change the apathy of the youth, because still everybody follows the american dream. The youth has become apathetic and uses speed and kill themselves with it.

There is still hope and we should go out there and change. We must make the youth excited about what we can do today."

End quotes by head.

For me it doesn't feel outdated, because with Lennon I always have the feeling that at least partly it is pure engagement for peoples and our globe. Of course, he's just as nasty as anyone else. He has the ríght to be.
He overcomes all of that by a deep rooted concern and optimism that inspires me. (no néver, ever back to the sixtees, that's not what I mean).

We can anticipate these days with Live Aid, Amnesty, Green peace, etc.
and musicians who engage themselves.

I do miss him quite often.

Thanks John !


Alfredo, (born 1951), Amsterdam 2006


Key: Complain about this post

Lennon on TV 1970-1980

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more