Langtree, Devon, UK Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Langtree, Devon, UK

2 Conversations

Langtree is the kind of small, getting-on-with-its-own-business kind of North Devon village that's only worth writing about if your relatives have emigrated there.

About 500 people bustle slowly around its cottages and farms, burring at each other in a soft Devon accent and commenting on how the church fete was a 'proper job', as they would say. Its pub is a place to go on a quiet summer afternoon when you have nothing else to do; its 13th-century church is alive with the sound of flower-arranging; and one local farmer will charm you with the scent of chicken-based manure on a Sunday.

In the nearby village of Stibb Cross, major development is planned; but it probably won't affect Langtree, which ambles along in its own pace, life being enlivened only occasionally by talk of a new village school or the sad death of a cat under the wheels of a passing psychotic lorry driver.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A246430

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more