H2G2SRPG - The Races

0 Conversations

When making a character, you will first have to choose a race. Each race has its own specific abilities and traits, along with its peculiar downsides in some cases. The line of three numbers (+1/+1/+1) represents a bonus to your basic statistics (+1 Body/+1 Mind/+1 Soul).

Humans

Humans are the most common of all races. They can be good or evil, big or small, smart or dumb. Often they are intelligent, and quick to learn.

Bonuses:

  • +0/+1/+0
  • Humans may take two additional abilities from the start. You must meet the minimum requirements for them, and Magically Adept, Psionic Mastery, and Chi Mastery count as two with this.

Half-Elves

Half-Elves are the offspring of a human and an elf. They seem like elves to humans, and like humans to elves, they are gifted with the strength of their human parent, and the lithness of their elven parent.

Bonuses:

  • +0/+1/+1
  • Natural Empathy
  • Low-Light Vision
  • Stealthy

High Elves

Like all elves, high elves are tall, proud people of a magical nature. Set aside by their pointed ears and graceful countenance, high elves live incredibly long lives and are often skilled in magic and lore. However, it is rare to see a muscular elf.

Bonuses:

  • -2/+1/+1
  • Low-Light Vision
  • Magically Adept
  • Arcane Student
  • Eagle-Eye

Wood Elves

Wood Elves are much like their high elven cousins in stature and grace, but differ in their interests and expertise. Wood elves are lovers of nature and things that are green, and make the best archers.

Bonuses:

  • +2/+0/+1
  • Natural Empathy
  • Nature Magic Affinity
  • Low-Light Vision
  • Stealthy
  • Eagle Eye

Dark Elves (Drow)

Dark elves are the most elusive and feared of the elven races. They are much alike to their other elven cousins in physical stature and grace, but their skin is a dark grey, and they make their homes deep underground. They are nearly all evil creatures who delight in the pain and misery of other people, and practice the dark arts to perfect in this.

Bonuses:

  • +2/+2/+2
  • Magically Adept
  • Dark Vision
  • Stealthy
  • Light-Sensitive
  • Infamous

Dwarves

Dwarves are short, stocky people who delight in mining, building and the forging of fine weapons and jewelry. They are excellent warriors, being of hardy build and stalwart character.

Bonuses:

  • +3/+1/-3
  • Engineering
  • Dark Vision
  • Stalwart
  • Strong-Willed

Halflings (Hobbits)

Halflings are shorter than dwarves, and not of the same tough physical build as them. Halflings enjoy the simple pleasures of life, food, music and wine. Dispite their outward appearance, halflings are quick witted and light footed, and deep within lies a resilience that most never know about.

Bonuses:

  • +1/+2/-1
  • Stealthy
  • Strong-Willed
  • Quick Reflexes
  • Clever

Half-Dragons

Half-Dragons are humans with dragon blood in their veins. They stand out due to their equine faces, brilliant green eyes, and the dragon wings that protrude from their shoulders. Flame glands inside the mouth provide for a breath like a furnace, and tough, scale-like skin can turn small blades.

Bonuses:

  • +2/+1/+2
  • Thick Skinned
  • Fire Breath
  • Winged

Tiefling

Tieflings are humans with demon blood in their ancestry. They tend to carry much of the spiritual and moral outlook of their dark ancestors, as well as often having small horns on their forheads, a spiked tail, and bat-like wings.

Bonuses:

  • +1/+1/+2
  • Death Magic Affinity
  • Unholy Ancestry
  • Winged
  • Weakness: Holy/Life

Half-Angel

Half-Angels are humans with angelic blood in their ancestry. They feel compelled to uphold the law and do good wherever possible. As a result of their angelic ties, eagle's wings sprout from their backs, and they possess a radient aura of holiness.

Bonuses:

  • +0/+1/+2
  • Life Magic Affinity
  • Holy Ancestry
  • Winged
  • Subtle Aura: Holy

Half-Orcs

The mistrusted offspring of orcs and humans, these large people resemble orcs in a slight way of face and body. They possess the mental capabilities of their human parents, while retaining some of the strenghts of their orc ancestry.

Bonuses:

  • +2/+1/+0
  • Thick Skinned
  • Endurance
  • Socially Wary

Orcs

Orcs are large, hulking humanoids with grey skin and black blood. Violent and stupid by nature, Orcs fear the sun but well overcompensate in strength.

Bonuses:

  • +5/-3/+0
  • Brute
  • Berzerker
  • Thick-Skinned
  • Endurance
  • Infamous
  • Phobia - Light

Trolls (Discworld)

Trolls are huge, silicon-based life-forms, the practical upshot of this meaning that they are living rocks. Weighting upwards of one ton, trolls posess incredible strength. Due to the semiconductive nature of their silicon brains, however, at room temperature they can be quite thick. In frigid environments, however, they can often be fatally intelligent. Popular myth states that they eat people, but this is incorrect, and not the way of a modern, social troll. Trolls chew people, but spit them out, as their digestive systems are designed to process rocks.

Bonuses:

  • +4/-3/+0
  • Stone Body
  • Brute
  • Massive Strength
  • Silicon Brain

Vampires

Vampires are humans who have been granted a powerful un-life in some way or another. Physically, mentally, and magically powerful, vampires are incredibly formidible opponents. Their only fault is the wide array of fatal weaknessess they possess, and their need of fresh blood to survive.

Bonuses:

  • +3/+2/+2
  • Transformation: Bat/Mist/One Player-Defined
  • Quick Reflexes
  • Fleet Footed
  • Stealthy
  • Terrible Strength
  • Dark Vision
  • Flight
  • Fatal Weakness - Wooden Steaks/Silver/Holy Water/Garlic/Sunlight
  • Blood Thirst
  • Socially Wary
  • Hunted

Werewolves

Werewolves are people with the mixed blessing of being able to transform into a wolf and back. Solitary by nature, werewolves are usually shunned, for they usually care little about what or who they use as a meal. The light of a full moon will always trigger a transformation, but it can be called up at the werewolf's request as well. Werewolves have heightened senses, most especially of smell.

Bonuses:

  • +3/+0/+0
  • Transformation: Wolf
  • Fleet Footed
  • Quick Reflexes
  • Hightened Sense: Smell, Hearing
  • Fatal Weakness: Fire, Silver
  • Hunted

Clockwork Mechanations

CLockwork mechanations are creatures of oil and gears. Built to resemble humans in form, they are easily spotted due to their metalic skin and cold nature. Emotionless, they are often mistrusted, but are decent people.

Bonuses:

  • +2/+2/-3
  • Immunity: Mind-effecting abilities, poision, cold, death.
  • Terrible Strength
  • Socially Wary
  • Clockwork Body

Shifter

Shifters are people who can directly manipulate their morphic fields, enabling them to assume any number of shapes. Most specifically is their skill in assuming the shape of another race. This race may not take the Socially Wary, Social Outcast, or Infamous disabilities.

Gains:

  • +0/+0/+0
  • Transform: Race
  • Transform X 6
Back

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2460863

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more