The Guerilla E-Warriors Guide to Cyberspace

1 Conversation

A Quote from The Master
There are two things in particular that it [the computer industry] failed to foresee: one was the coming of the Internet(...); the other was the fact that the century would end.



Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), The Salmon of Doubt

Guerilla E-Warriors Guide to Cyberspace

Introduction: At the Speed of Light, Time Doesn't Matter.


I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.



Douglas Adams



Don't Panic. If you don't make it in time, it won't make any diffrence since you can simply close the computer window.



Remember, your best offence is your ability to zip out of any situation by closing the box, or in dire circumstances turning off the computer.

Part One: Getting to the Battle


I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.



Douglas Adams



So once you know where you have been posted, or where your mission is, you need to get there. Our tool of choice for getting from place to place is here. However, there is another way to get to your chosen place.
  1. Find your IP.
  2. Navigate your way down the Information Superhighway (ISH)
  3. Knock on the door politely.

Part Two: Using your Weapon


It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.



Douglas Adams



So we use Silly String instead. It was quite hard to create Cyber-Silly string but nevertheless, your average Guerilla E-Warrior will have a can or Two (or Three (or Four)) of Silly String at his disposal.
  1. Find Enemy
  2. Get Silly String
  3. Push down button.




Your enemy will then be covered in a string-like substance. With careful aiming you may even be able to write rude words on them. If you run out of Silly String... run. Run like the Wind.

Part Three: Victory


In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.



Douglas Adams



Once they surrender to your mighty fighting skills, you have one more job to do. You must make them put the Stamp of the Campaign on their site.



Then you can sit down, relax, and enjoy a nice cold smiley - ale.

Appendix: A Sobering Thought


Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.



Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A14019239

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more