A Conversation for Tips on How to Live in a Shared Household

Manners

Post 1

Wejut - Sage of Slightly Odd Occurrences and Owlatron's Australian Thundercat

I think that I have always had good experiences when sharing when everyone involved uses their manners and thinks of others.
Then when little issues that get under your skin occur you have to realise that the making the other person change their behaviour because you don't like something is more unfair than you having to put up with the behaviour in the first place.
I have always found that realising the way I react to thing is my problem and I can do something about my reaction keeps me in control of the situation.
I had a flat mate that shed enough hair to knit a cat every day. It drove me nuts because she wouldn't vacuum it up. It didn't bother her. It did bother me so I took control and hired a cleaning lady which we share the cost of. It solved more than one problem and doesn't cost very much between us. It could have ended our friendship if I had have made her do something about it.
smiley - magic


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more